Seared Scallop Salad
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Raspberry Vinegar
- 1 dessertspoon Celtalan of Conwy Raspberry Jam
- ¼ teasp Dijon Mustard
- 1 level teasp Caster Sugar
- 1 level teasp Poppy Seeds
- 12 Scallops, washed, and dried on kitchen paper
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Mixed Baby Salad Leaves
- 25g/1oz Chopped Walnuts, lightly toasted
- 25g/1oz fresh Raspberries
- In a small bowl, whisk together the raspberry vinegar, Celtalan of Conwy Raspberry Jam, mustard, sugar, salt, pepper and poppy seeds.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a steady stream whisking continuously. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan until hot. Add the scallops and fry for 3 minutes on each side.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Place the lettuce, walnuts, raspberries and dressing in a large salad bowl and toss to coat well.
- To serve - divide the salad between 4 individual plates, top each with 3 warm scallops and serve immediately